last update: 17 November 2018
The draft schedule is online here. We will publish a final schedule shortly before the festival.
The schedule includes Choice lessons for all levels. They take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday after the daily meeting. These lessons will allow you to try out another (related) dance (e.g. Boogie Woogie), to learn more about Lindy Hop history and to learn new technniqus (e.g. aerials).
Different options will be introduced at the daily meetings from 2:45 - 3:15pm. The choice is yours!
Friday: 08:45 - 10:00/11:30am
If you want to go to the advanced level (Chocolate Frogs), please participate in the audition at 9:15am. IsThereHoeppli? participants need to stay together in the same level!
Monday: 10:30am - 11:00am
Address: Silbando, Förrlibuckstrasse 62 in Zürich
Please bring your student ID-card and your boarding-pass with you. If you did not yet get your boarding pass, please bring your bank receipt.
At the Check-in you'll receive a IsThereHop?-Card with your name, classes and parties. Please have it with you all the time during IsThereHop?.
Lunch will take place at Förrli 5 just next to Silbando. Please note that lunches which are not pre-booked cost CHF 15.00 and are available only in very limited amounts.
Please print your lunch pass and bring it with you.
4. BYE BYE COCKTAIL ON MONDAY
5pm - 6pm at Silbando
It is a bit weird to think of saying good bye already. But unfortunately, also this year’s IsThereHop? will come to an end. We will finish IsThereHop? off together with a casual drink and a look at the first IsThereHop? photos.
You are welcome to join if you have one of the following passes: IsThereHoeppli?, IsThereHop?, IsThereHopPlus? or IsThereMonday?.
5. CODE OF CONDUCT
We want our festival to be an event, where everyone feels welcome, happy and safe. That’s why we insist on the following 7 points!
- "Yes means yes" and "no means no" (in any place and at any time)!
- If you are not sure whether it is “yes” or “no”, it is ok to ask. Body language is not always clear.
- Number 1 and 2 apply to every kind of interaction from conversation over dancing to body contact, kissing, touching and sex.
- To get a second dance is special. Don't expect it. Ask and wait for the “yes”.
- Wear deodorant, change your t-shirts, wash your hands frequently.
- If you touch a person inappropriately by mistake, apologize!
- If you witness or experience unwanted, disrespectful, or hurting behaviour please come talk to the staff so we can make sure that everyone of us is having lots of fun at IsThereHop? and enjoying every minute of it.
Thank you for contributing to a positive atmosphere, by respecting other people’s integrity, so that everyone of us is having lots of fun at IsThereHop? and enjoying every minute of it.
Please expect to be expelled from the festival if we catch you harassing or hurting other participants.
6. TAKING PHOTOS AND FILMING
Photos and short films are part of festivals today and they allow us to take home a lot of good memories for later. That’s why our own professional photographer will take photos during the event to share with us and with you later-on.
Do you want to take your own photos/videos? You can of course if you respect the following principles:
- No filming/photographing during classes (you should be dancing anyway ;) ). Of course, you can ask the teachers at the end of the class if it’s ok to film the material.
- We prefer if you don’t put this material online (not on Facebook nor youtube nor vimeo nor any other platform). If you can’t resist, make sure you have written consent from everyone in the film/photo.
- At the parties: You may take photos of your friends and yourself or maybe also make a short film of your friends while dancing. However, don’t take photos and don’t film neither other participants nor teachers without their explicit consent.
- If you follow principle 3, you are welcome to share photos/short films of the party online. If you want to make us happy and show your appreciation for the organizers, tag/mention Swing Productions and #IsThereHop? in your posts.
Doors open at 9:30pm
Band starts at 10pm
You are welcome to bring your friends, dancers and non-dancers alike to the party. Don’t forget to inform them about the dress code. Tickets are CHF 40.00 per person and evening (CHF 35.00 for students).
TICKETS AND DRESS CODE
Dress up or stay home!!
Dress code will be announce on our website soonish.
Our volunteers invest a lot of time into decoration and other preparation. We wish to create a unique atmosphere which goes down memory lane also years later. Please contribute to this atmosphere by respecting our dress code.
--> Jeans, sneakers, t-shirts and bike helmets are a no-go. Our doorman will send you back home to change if you show up in your everyday cloths. To add the finishing touch to your evening dress you are welcome to use the dressing room with its mirror at Silbando.
Drinks, snack and home-made sandwiches are available at the bar during the day. We also serve coffee, tea and soft drinks. You can also get a coffee pass (pay 5 cups of coffee/tea and get 6). You should still bring your water bottle with you, however.
The SwingBar offers sandwiches to the hungry dancers at the party and a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to the thirsty ones. An exquisite selection of fine schnapps is part of our IsThereHop? tradition as well.
9. LOCATION AND PARKING
Silbando is located at Förrlibuckstrasse 62 in Zurich. You will find a detailed description as well as parking lots in the area here.
A very limited number of parking lots are available right in front of Silbando. If you need to park your car there, ask our staff for a parking ticket.
Parking ticket for the whole weekend: CHF 20.00
Parking ticket for one evening/night: CHF 5.00
Silbando is close to the tram station Förrlibuckstrasse and about 10 minutes to walk from Bahnhof Hardbrücke. Check zvv.ch for schedules and night buses.
Please take care of your valuables and don’t leave them unattended.
Showers: There is only one shower for men and one for women. So it might be better/faster to shower at home.
10. PAYMENT AND BOARDING PASS
If you haven’t received your boarding pass (and lunch cheques) yet, it means we have not received any payment and might not receive it until IsThereHop?
In this case, bring a payment confirmation from your bank.
If you are coming from abroad, you might want to bring the payment in cash to the check-in. Please inform us via e-mail if you do so. Note that we only accept Swiss Francs and that you should bring the exact amount.
In case you need our bank information again, here it is:
SWIFT / BIC: POFICHBEXXX