last update: 20 November 2019
The draft schedule is online here. We will publish a final version before the festival starts.
The schedule includes Choice lessons for all levels. They take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday after the daily meeting. These lessons will allow you to try out another (related) dance (e.g. Boogie Woogie), to learn more about Lindy Hop history and to learn new techniques (e.g. aerials).
Different options will be introduced at the daily meetings from 2:45 - 3:15pm. The choice is yours!
08:45 - 09:10: Level Chocolate Brown
09:15 - 09:55: Level Deep Purple
11:00 - 11:25: Level Lime Green
Monday: 10:30am - 11:00am
Address: Silbando, Förrlibuckstrasse 62 in Zürich
Please bring your student ID-card and your boarding-pass with you. If you did not yet get your boarding pass, please bring your bank receipt.
At the Check-in you'll receive a IsThereHop?-Card with your name, classes and parties. Please carry it with you all the time during IsThereHop?.
Audition on Friday at 09:15: The audition takes place for participants of Level Chocolate Brown who want to participate in the Advanced Level. IsThereHoeppli? Level Chocolate Brown Participants can also audition, but only as a couple
3. EATING & DRINKING
You can buy yummy sandwiches, fruit, granola bars and easter eggs at our Snackbar. The sandwiches are made by our volunteers especially for you.
We do recommend to bring a water bottle which you can fill with tap water. For more sugary or coffeinated experiences you can buy soft drinks, coffee and tea at the snack bar. Help us to reduce waste by bringing your own coffee cup.
Our IsThereHop? cook prepares amazing lunches for all the hungry dancers. Pre-ordering your lunch until 27 March 2020 is absolutely necessary. We will send you an e-mail with a booking link a few weeks before the festival. One menu (including salad) costs CHF 11.00.
We put a lot of consideration into the choice of the different menus and we try to make sure that the menus are enjoyable for all kinds of tastes and despite possible intolerances. However, we won't serve meat. If your meal feels incomplete without meat, we suggest you bring some Salami or Cervelat (Swiss sauges which doesn't neet to be cooked) and pep up your lunch.
4. BYE BYE COCKTAIL ON MONDAY
5pm - 6pm at Silbando
It is a bit weird to think of saying good bye already. But unfortunately, also this year’s IsThereHop? will come to an end. We will finish IsThereHop? off together with a casual drink and a look at the first IsThereHop? photos.
You are welcome to join if you have one of the following passes: IsThereHoeppli?, IsThereHop?, IsThereHopPlus? or IsThereMonday?.
5. CODE OF CONDUCT
We want our festival to be an event, where everyone feels welcome, happy and safe. That’s why we insist on the following 8 points!
- "Yes means yes" and "no means no" (in any place and at any time)!
- If you are not sure whether it is a “yes” or a “no”, it is ok to ask.
- Number 1 and 2 apply to every kind of interaction from conversation to dancing, to jam circles, to body contact, to kissing, to touching and to having sex.
- To get a second dance is special. Don't expect it. Ask and wait for the “yes”.
- Wear deodorant, change your t-shirts, wash your hands frequently.
- If you touch a person inappropriately by mistake, apologize!
- Treat everybody with respect, regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, origin, ethnicity and religion.
- If you witness or experience unwanted, disrespectful, or hurting behaviour please come talk to the staff so we can make sure that everyone of us is having lots of fun at IsThereHop? and enjoying every minute of it.
Thank you for contributing to a positive atmosphere, by respecting other people’s integrity, so that everyone of us is having lots of fun at IsThereHop? and enjoying every minute of it.
Please expect to be expelled from the festival if we catch you harassing or hurting other participants.
6. TAKING PHOTOS AND FILMING
Photos and short films are part of festivals today and they allow us to take home a lot of good memories for later. That’s why our own professional photographer will take photos during the event to share with us and with you later on.
Do you want to take your own photos/videos? You can of course if you respect the following principles:
- No filming/photographing during classes (you should be dancing anyway ;) ). Of course, you can ask the teachers at the end of the class if it’s ok to film the new moves.
- We prefer if you don’t put this video online (not on Facebook nor youtube nor vimeo nor any other platform). If you can’t resist, make sure you have written consent from everyone in the film/photo.
- At the parties: You may take photos of your friends and yourself or maybe also make a short film of your friends while dancing. However, don’t take photos and don’t film neither other participants nor teachers without their explicit consent.
- If you follow principle 3, you are welcome to share photos/short films of the party online. If you want to make us happy and show your appreciation for the organizers, tag/mention Swing Productions and #IsThereHop? in your posts.
Doors open at 9:30pm
Band starts at around 10pm
Party themes & dress codes
The moment you set foot into the IsThereHop? party venue, you enter another world, sometimes magical, sometimes nostalgic, sometimes humorous but always festive. Join us in creating these unique atmospheres by sticking to the dress code and of course by enjoying yourself all night long!
The dress code will be published on istherehop.ch a few weeks before the festival.Please respect it. And don't put us in the akward situation of having to send you home to change because you are showing up in no-gos:
--> No entry to the party with: Jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, training cloth
--> Appropriate dresses: Evening dresses and suits in the style of the evening's theme.
To add the finishing touch to your evening dress you are welcome to use the dressing room with its mirror at Silbando.
Party tickets are included in all festival passes except IsThereMonday?. You can also bring your dancing and non-dancing friends, siblings, grandparents and parents along. We recommend to use pre-sale (open until 6 April 2020) to get tickets.
8. LOCATION AND PARKING
Silbando is located at Förrlibuckstrasse 62 in Zurich. You will find a detailed description as well as parking lots in the area here.
A very limited number of parking lots are available right in front of Silbando. If you need to park your car there, ask our staff for a parking ticket.
Parking ticket for the whole weekend: CHF 20.00
Parking ticket for one evening/night: CHF 5.00
Silbando is close to the tram station Förrlibuckstrasse and about 10 minutes to walk from Bahnhof Hardbrücke. Check zvv.ch for schedules and night buses.
Please take care of your valuables and don’t leave them unattended.
Showers: There is only one shower for men and one for women. So it might be better/faster to shower at home.
9. PAYMENT AND BOARDING PASS
If you haven’t received your boarding pass (and lunch cheques) yet, it means we have not received any payment and might not receive it until IsThereHop?
In this case, bring a payment confirmation from your bank.
If you are coming from abroad, you might want to bring the payment in cash to the check-in. Please inform us via e-mail if you do so. Note that we only accept Swiss Francs and that you should bring the exact amount.
Are you looking for our account details to make the payment? Here they are:
IBAN: CH52 0900 0000 1540 4646 2